BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions and by making payment of the deposit or balance it is agreed that you accept these terms and conditions.
1. A contract between you and us (the owners) will come into existence when we receive deposit/ payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in your booking confirmation. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
2. A non refundable deposit equal to the cost of the first nights rental / pre agreed amount is payable at the time of booking. The remainder of the balance will become due 30 days prior to the rental period. If full payment is not received by the due date we reserve the right to give notice to cancel the booking and the deposit paid will be non refundable Bookings made within 30 days of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
3. Subject to clause 1 and 2 above, in the event of non-insurable cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the we are able to re-let the property. Any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. All cancellations must be immediately notified by email.
4. A refundable security / damage deposit of upto £250 (depending on the property)is included in the full cost of your stay with us and is payable with the balance 30 days prior to check in. A deduction from the deposit will be taken to cover any costs for damage or breakages, or for any extra cleaning costs should the property be left in an unacceptable condition. The deposit, less any incurred costs if any, will be returned within 7 days of check out. Any costs over the security /damage deposit amount will be invoiced to the lead booker.
5. We reserve the right, in the interests of safety or any other reason beyond our control, to cancel or alter arrangements made for you. In this unlikely event we guarantee to return to you any payment/charges made in full including the deposit.
Should our cottages not be available due to a pandemic or national emergency that has resulted in the closure of hospitality businesses as required by The British Government in the first instance you must consult your Insurance provider to reclaim costs, should you not have insurance, we will offer you the option to move your dates to a suitable date. If the cost of your alternative date is more or less than you have already paid you will be required to pay the difference / we will refund the difference.
If we are unable to offer you an alternative suitable date a full refund including deposit will be issued.
Our liability would not extend beyond this refund. We advise all guests to obtain personal travel insurance.
6. The guest is expected to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy which includes cancellation cover, and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc. since these are not covered by the owners insurance.
7. The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed the number of guests on your booking form and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
8. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
9. We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
10. We or our representative reserve the right to enter the cottage at any time to undertake essential maintenance, for inspection purposes or in the event of an emergency.
11. The rental period will commence at 5pm on the first day and end at 10am on the last day. We shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation prior to that time and the guests are not entitled to remain in the property after the agreed time. Guests are required to vacate the property by the time stated.
12. Smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. No candles, tealights or naked flame of any kind is allowed in the property for safety and insurance purposes.
13. Only 2 well behaved, house trained dogs are permitted in the property
More than 2 dogs are permitted by prior agreement
Guests must ensure dogs are not left unattended at any time within the property (unless by prior arrangement with the owner)
Dogs are not permitted on beds or furniture
Dog bowels and towels are provided
Any dirt or mess caused by your dog must be cleaned thoroughly prior to departure and if evidence of the bedrooms being inhabited by dogs is found then you will be liable for a charge for deep cleaning of the ground floor. Any damage caused by your dog will incur a charge for repair or replacement of the damaged items. Any mess which is still evident after your departure will incur a deep cleaning charge which will be deducted from your damage/security deposit. Costs over the security / damage deposit taken will be invoiced to the lead booker.
14. In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to reimburse the owner in full for any loss they may incur as a result.
15. Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If a breakage or damage occurs during your stay please notify us as soon as possible. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and a deduction for the cost of any damage or breakages will be taken from your damage/housekeeping deposit. Costs over the damage /housekeeping deposit taken will be invoiced to the lead booker.
16. Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
17. At the end of the rental period we require that the property is left in a good state and in a tidy condition. This enables us to keep the rental price low by reducing the time spent cleaning. The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs including extra cleaning time if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. This will be deducted from your damage/housekeeping deposit. Costs over the damage /housekeeping deposit taken will be invoiced to the lead booker.
18. Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
19. The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
20. The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability and subject to fair usage.
21. We shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building.
22. Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
23. No parties or events are allowed.
24. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
25. Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right.
26. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
27. Check in details will be issued 7 days prior to your stay with us.
28. We aim to be as flexible as we can and should you have any questions regarding our terms and conditions please don't hesitate to contact us as we will always endeavour to offer flexibility around our standard Terms and conditions above.